- Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) is an important aspect of the overall security because it communicates to DCSA how controls are going to be assessed for continued effectiveness over time.
- ConMon strategies should include details related to steps that “will be” taken by the defined frequency to check on controls.
- Frequencies that differ from the recommended DAAPM Appendix A timeframes should be justified. Don’t expect to be able to make all checks an annual event.
- The ISSP will validate your documented ConMon activities against the verbiage in the SLCM during CMEs and eSVAs. Deviations from documented SLCM activities will likely result in vulnerabilities being documented/cited during the CME/eSVA.
100 + NIST 800-53 Templates Available for Download for Cleared Industry
The solution for cleared industry is the Arlington Security Portal (ASP), an online repository of world-class, industry leading security and privacy policies & procedures, programs, plans – and other highly essential documents & templates developed specifically on NIST SP 800-53, Revision 5.
From Beginning to End, Complete Project Management for NIST RMF A&A within eMASS
With Arlington, we can manage your entire NIST RMF A&A process within eMASS from beginning to end (i.e., from the initial NIST RMF eMASS scoping & gap assessment to post-Authorization to Operate (ATO) activities), providing essential services for getting you to the finish line in terms of your ATO. Core services and solutions offered include the following:
- Scoping & Gap (i.e., Readiness) Assessments
- Remediation Services (Policy and Procedures writing)
- Remediation Services (Technical and Operational)
- System Security Plan (SSP) Development
- Completion of eMASS Export Control Spreadsheets
- Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Services
We are Arlington, a team of innovative, solution-oriented, highly agile, and well-versed professionals with decades of experience in working with America’s defense industry. From emerging cybersecurity regulations to helping our clients solve complex security & compliance solutions – and so much more – you can trust Arlington, the firm that’s Dedicated to Defense®. Learn more at arlingtonintel.com.